Insights into the process of headshots, and ways to prepare.
Here are some examples of my take, answering the following questions:
- What is a headshot (?), i.e., it’s the most important calling card you have.
- Do I need hair and makeup (?), i.e., you need to be able to reproduce the looks you chose, no matter how you get there.
- What should I wear (?), i.e., colors that compliment your eyes, skin and hair coloring.
- What do I need to do (?), i.e., Do your homework and speak to your representation. Be clear on what it is they need to market you and the looks you want to achieve.
- What will I need to get started (?), i.e., one to two looks will do if you’re new to show business otherwise consult with your agent or manager.
- What is a look (?), i.e., I like to say it’s a character change that could be enhanced by a wardrobe, makeup, hair or location change.
- Should I meet with the photographer? That’s up to you and the photographer.
- What’s the process (?), i.e., prepare, shoot, review, post session online, burn a DVD.